History And Value
Diamond jewelry is often seen as a symbol of luxury and status.
The first diamonds were discovered in India in the fourth century BC, although the youngest of these deposits date from 900 million years ago. The word diamond comes from the Greek “Adamas”, which means “indestructible.”
The diamonds you’ve seen on TV and in the movies were formed billions of years ago, and they’re extremely unusual because so few individuals are able to make it from the planet’s interior to the surface.
Diamonds have been used as jewelry for centuries. They are believed to have originated in India, where they were used as decorative elements in clothing and other accessories. The first recorded use of diamonds in jewelry was in 1477, when the Archduke of Austria gave a diamond-encrusted tiara to his wife.
The popularity of diamond jewelry soon spread throughout Europe. Kings and queens began to wear diamonds as symbols of power and wealth. In the early 1800s, diamonds were discovered in South Africa, and their popularity exploded. By the end of the century, diamonds were being used in almost every type of jewelry.
Today, diamond jewelry is still considered a symbol of luxury and status. Many people choose to buy diamond rings, necklaces, and earrings as gifts for special occasions like weddings and anniversaries. Diamonds are also popular among celebrities and athletes, who often use them to show off their wealth and status.
The value of a diamond is determined by the “4 Cs”:
Carat weight is how a diamond is measured and is the size of the diamond. Cut is how well the diamond has been cut and includes the height, depth, angles, and other factors. Clarity is how many blemishes or inclusions and is judged on a 6-point scale from included to flawless. Color is judged on a scale from D (no hue) to Z (a yellow-hued diamond).
After that, you’ll compare one diamond to another to see which one provides the most gleaming and fiery sparkle.
Tips for Taking Care of Your Diamond Jewelry from an Expert
Diamonds are the hardest natural substance on Earth, but that doesn’t mean they can’t be damaged.
Though it is the hardest natural substance, diamond when cast in a jewelry piece, needs to be deeply taken care of. Though diamonds repel water, oil and grease stick to them fast.
Apart from storing them carefully, there are a few tips you need to follow to keep your precious diamond jewelry shining bright.
1. Always clean your diamonds with a gentle polish cloth. Do not use any harsh chemicals or cleaning solutions.
2. Keep your diamond jewelry away from extreme heat and cold. Diamonds can become brittle if they are exposed to too much heat or cold.
3. Be careful not to damage your diamonds when you’re wearing them. Don’t bang them against hard surfaces or wear them while doing strenuous activities.
4. Have your diamond jewelry appraised every few years to make sure it’s still worth its original value.
5. Bring your diamond jewelry to a professional jeweler for regular cleanings and check-ups.
By following these simple tips, you can help keep your diamond jewelry looking beautiful for years to come.
Reasons Why a Diamond is A Perfect Gift
Are you looking for the perfect gift for a special event? Diamonds are a wonderful present for just about any occasion.
Here are five compelling reasons why:
1. A diamond is forever.
2. Diamonds are the hardest natural substance on Earth, so they’re very durable.
3. Diamonds are unique and beautiful. No two diamonds are alike.
4. Diamonds have a high resale value. If you ever need to sell your diamond jewelry, you’ll be able to get a good price for it.
5. Diamonds are a symbol of love and commitment. They’re the perfect way to show your significant other how much you care.
FAQs About Diamond Jewelry
What is the difference between a diamond and other gemstones?
Diamonds are the hardest natural substance on Earth, while other gemstones are softer. Diamonds are also the most valuable gemstones, and they come in a variety of colors.
How are diamonds graded?
Diamonds are graded on a scale from D (no hue) to Z (a yellow-hued diamond). The grade is determined by the diamond’s, carat weight, color, clarity, and cut.
What should I do if my diamond jewelry becomes damaged?
Bring your diamond jewelry to a professional jeweler for regular cleanings and check-ups. By taking care of your jewelry, you can help keep it looking beautiful for years to come.
How often should I have my diamond jewelry appraised?
Have your diamond jewelry appraised every few years to make sure it’s still worth its original value. This will help you insure your jewelry against loss or damage.
Where can I find high-quality diamond jewelry?
Chicago Diamond Buyer offers an exquisite selection of diamond jewelry that is sure to impress. Our pieces are made with the highest quality diamonds and craftsmanship, and they are available at unbeatable prices. Shop with us today and find the perfect piece of diamond jewelry for any occasion. Purchase diamond jewelry from Chicago Diamond Buyer today!
How can I make my diamond shine again?
Use a gentle polish cloth. Do not use any harsh chemicals or cleaning solutions, as this can damage your diamond. For best results, bring your diamond jewelry to a professional jeweler for regular cleanings and check-ups.
What is the best way to store my diamond jewelry?
Keep your diamond jewelry away from extreme heat and cold. Diamonds can become brittle if they are exposed to too much heat or cold. Store your diamond jewelry in a cool, dry place, such as a jewelry box or safe.
From Our Satisfied Clients
“I absolutely love my new diamond necklace! The quality is amazing and the price was unbeatable. I would definitely recommend Chicago Diamond Buyer to anyone looking for high-quality diamond jewelry.” – Sarah J.
“I was so impressed with the quality of the diamonds at Chicago Diamond Buyer. They were much nicer than anything I could find at other jewelry stores. I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for a great deal on diamond jewelry.” – Rachel D.
“I purchased a diamond ring from Chicago Diamond Buyer for my fiancée, and she loves it! The ring is beautiful and the price was unbeatable. I would definitely recommend their jewelry to anyone.” – Michael K.
“I bought my fiancé his engagement ring from Chicago Diamond Buyer, and we could not be happier! The ring is beautiful and the price was unbeatable. I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for a great deal on diamond jewelry.” – Sarah K.
Did You Know…
- Diamonds are the planet’s hardest natural substance. Only another diamond can scratch a diamond.
- Diamonds arise hundreds of miles beneath the earth’s surface and are lifted to the surface by volcanic eruptions.
- The only gems that are composed entirely of one material are diamonds. They’re composed entirely of pure carbon.
- Every hue of the spectrum is represented in the world of diamonds. Blue, green, orange, and red are among the rarest natural diamond hues.
- The term diamond comes from the Greek word Adamas, which means “unconquerable.”
- The history of diamonds is long and illustrious. Many ancient cultures held beliefs about diamonds. Some people thought that wearing a diamond ring would give them courage and strength in battle.
- Many people in the Middle Ages believed that diamonds had healing abilities.
- In 1905, the world’s largest rough diamond was discovered. It was called the Cullinan diamond and weighed 3,106 carats. It was later divided into numerous stones (9 large ones and 100 smaller ones).
- Only about 30% of all diamonds dug from the earth are of gem quality.
- The vast majority of the world’s diamonds were discovered in India before the 18th century.
- The world’s major diamond supplier has changed numerous times throughout history. Diamonds are now found in a variety of countries all around the world.
- In 2014, Russia was the #1 diamond-producing country.
- Mary of Burgundy received the first diamond engagement ring from Archduke Maximilian of Austria.
- Diamonds are one of the world’s most valuable commodities. The United States is the world’s largest diamond market.
- In 2004, planetary scientists found a planet that they think is at least one-third diamond! It was given the name “55 Cancri e.”
If you’re thinking about buying diamond jewelry, be sure to do your research and work with a reputable jeweler
Chicago Diamond Buyer offers an exquisite selection of diamond jewelry that is sure to impress. Our pieces are made with the highest quality diamonds and craftsmanship, and they are available at unbeatable prices.
You can choose from a variety of styles and designs, so you’re sure to find the perfect piece of jewelry for any occasion. We also offer customization services, so you can create a one-of-a-kind piece that will truly reflect your personality.
When it comes to diamond jewelry, Chicago Diamond Buyer is the best place to shop. We offer a wide variety of styles and designs, and our pieces are made with the highest quality diamonds. Our prices are unbeatable, and we offer customization services so you can create a one-of-a-kind piece of jewelry. Shop with us today and find the perfect piece of diamond jewelry for any occasion. Purchase diamond jewelry from Chicago Diamond Buyer today!