Do you find yourself asking where can I sell my diamonds for the best price? Ensure that you get their worth here.
Are you looking for places to sell your diamond, but afraid of being low-balled for their value?
Do you worry that you’ll be selling your diamonds for less than their worth? You might be wondering “Where can I sell my diamond for the best price?
Fortunately, there’s always one place that you can turn to when you’re looking for a Chicago diamond buyer! No more selling your diamonds on eBay or a source that you can’t trust. You need a legitimate Chicago jewelry buyer.
See below for an in-depth guide on the things you should look for when you are looking to sell your diamonds for the best price.
1. Check Online Ratings and Reviews
Illegitimate “diamond buyers” might lie to you and tell you they’re giving you the best deal for your money. However, there is one collection of people that won’t lie to you: the previous customers. That’s why it’s always a great idea to go to the source.
There are three ways that you can do that:
1. Check Online Reviews
2. Ask Diamond Buyer for Customer References
3. Look for Client Testimonials
Start by Googling “Chicago Diamond Buyer” and read the reviews that pop up.
Look at the comments that the clients have left behind and ask yourself a few questions:
- Do their previous clients seem satisfied with the service they received?
- Does the diamond buyer have the ability to evaluate your diamonds in-store?
- Do they have a track record of happy customers?
- Were the clients happy with the value that they got for their diamonds?
- How confident do the clients seem to be in this diamond buyer?
If you still want a bit more confidence in the company, call them directly and ask them for a few customer references that you can reach out to. That way, you can ask more specific questions.
2. Detailed Process
One of the most telltale factors in finding a legitimate Chicago diamond buyer is whether or not they have a detailed diamond selling process.
The process should involve gathering the history of the diamond, coming into the store to evaluate the diamond, then getting an offer on your diamond and/or jewelry.
At Chicago Diamond Buyer, we offer an efficient five-step process.
See below for more information:
- Check for Documentation– Any paperwork that you have on the diamond will be helpful in the process. Don’t have the documentation? No problem! We can help you get those things in order.
- Book an Appointment– We have gemologists at our store throughout our store hours. All you have to do is book an appointment and we will set a time to evaluate your diamond(s) to get the process going.
- Jewelry Education– It’s important to us that our clients understand what factors determine the value of a diamond. Our gemologists take the time to explain what factors are most appealing about your diamond.
- Valuation– After educating you and answering your questions, we’ll run a few quick tests to evaluate the price for the diamond. We’re happy to do some slight negotiations as well.
- Proposal and Payment– We make you an offer on your diamonds and, after you confirm, we will finalize the deal as well. We can transfer or pay cash in hand.
3. Thorough Evaluations
Contrary to popular belief, you don’t need to get your jewelry or diamond appraised to get a great selling price. If you go to the right Chicago diamond buyer, they’ll have a thorough evaluation process in their business model.
At Chicago Diamond Buyers, we have an evaluation process that goes by the 4 C’s of diamonds: Cut, Color, Clarity, and Carat.
Each of these plays a heavy factor in the value of your diamond. Using the 4C model allows us to give fair and competitive offers to all of our clients.
We also use it as a way of teaching our clients the distinction between different diamonds and their value.
4. Clear and Concise Service
If you’re going to entrust a diamond buying service with the handling and sale of your beloved diamonds, you want to make sure you’re putting them in the right hands.
Customer service is an important part of the diamond selling process. You want to make sure the buyer you use has your best interests in mind, not the best interests of their own pockets.
Call the diamond buyer ahead of time. Gauge whether or not they seem like they’re willing to help you. Are they answering your questions carefully and honestly or are they beating around the bush?
Are they trying to rush you off the phone?
5. Look for In-Store Service
Under no circumstances should you ever mail in your diamonds to a service. There’s a potential that the service is a scam and that you never get your diamond back again.
Instead, look for diamond buyers that encourage you to book an appointment and walking into the store. It provides an extra layer of trust between the Chicago diamond buyer and the client (you).
A trusted buyer has gemologists in the store that are ready to evaluate your diamonds and educate you on the beautiful stones in your collection.
Anything less would be doing you a disservice.
Where Can I Sell My Diamond for the Best Price: Find a Reputable Buyer
Now that you have seen an in-depth guide that answers your question of “where can I sell my diamond for the best price?” be sure to use this knowledge to your advantage.
Be sure to read this article for more information on a guide to selling your diamond ring in the Chicago area.
For more inquiries, please feel free to reach out to us via phone at 312-763-5585 and we will be happy to assist you further.